The 3 bills named as:
- The farmers produce trade and commerce (promotion and facilitation)
- The farmers (empowerment and protection) agreement on price assurance
and farm service bill, 2020.
- The essential commodities (amendment) bill, 2020.
First bill permits hindrances free intra and highway exchange of homestead
produce and already, the ranch produce was sold at told discount markets or
mandi's controlled by horticultural produce market board (APMC)
Each agrarian produce market advisory group has authorized agents who used to
purchase from ranchers as the value set in the sale prior to offering it to the
global purchasers like retailers and large merchants.
New framework- Now the progressions has been finished by the public authority
and now ranchers are having the choice to dispose of the mediators to whom
ranchers utilized sold their produce. They can wipe out and can sell
straightforwardly to the worldwide purchasers at cost to be concurred between
Presently ranchersí bunch are fighting since ranchersí bunch are concerned that
this opens them to corporate and who have seriously haggling force can sell at
greater cost and some are having more assets as contrast with little or minimal
ranchers as it will profit more to huge ranchers those are having lands assets
and bartering power. As 85% of ranchers in India own under two hectares of land
and it will be extremely hard for them to haggle straightforwardly with the huge
- The substitute private mandi's will prompt extreme conclusion of
existing APMC mandi's
- In the event that APMC get shut so ranchers won't have any choice to
sell their produce then they need to sell it in private mandi's as it were.
- No assessments on private mandi's will be there and as of now 3% charges
are there in APMC for purchasing and selling as because of no duties in private
mandi's so privately owned businesses won't experience APMC.
- Evacuation of geological limitation are there and little rancher may
think that itís hard to benefit possibly better costs at business sectors
due to imperatives of movement and capacity.
- There were no limitations on ranchers to sell somewhere else prior as
State government concern with respect to this is that if private purchaser
begins buying straightforwardly from the ranchers so government will miss out of
duties that are charged at mandi's and the potential rejecting of the mandi's
will jeopardize the positions of millions of laborers who work there.
2nd Bill contract farming
The subsequent bill will permit ranchers to go into the concurrence with concur
firms, exporter or enormous scope purchaser to deliver the harvests at a pre
Presently the ranchers are concerned for this since they accept that the MSP
(minimum support price) is the cost at which government buys the yield from
ranchers straightforwardly and now MSP will be eliminated and there will be no
administration control on the costs.
The interest of ranchers is to connect MSP to the agreement costs.
3rd Bill Hoardings
The essential commodities (amendment) bill proposes to permit financial
specialists to stock food articles openly without the dread of being arraigned
for accumulating however the little ranchers are not having that implies and
stockrooms to store their created things into it.
The unlimited stocking will lead to artificial price fluctuation and low prices
for farmers after harvest.
Demands of farmers organizations:
- The act is more ideal towards the organizations and it isn't lawfully
enabling the ranchers.
- Ranchers need to reinforce the MSP and to be made a lawful right.
- Right now, 6% ranchers can get advantage of MSP's as acquirement of
harvest isn't accomplished for all the yields for which MSP has been announced
by the public authority.
- In APMC a few changes are required however nor its evacuation.
- The agents ought not disappear.
- Interest in agrarian area should be from government, not private area.