As we are all aware, the buying and selling of commodities in our day-to-day
lives plays an important role. Buying the commodities is the need of the
consumer, whereas, on the other hand, selling the commodities is the need of the
However, manufacturers manufacture the commodities, and in most cases, it can be
possible that the manufacturer and seller of the commodity can be the same
person. In the process of buying and selling the commodity, it is normal to have
a dispute as it has broader terms in the market, and in such cases, disputes may
arise that are covered by the LMPC Act. Such a dispute is raised by not
following the rules and regulations laid down by the Legal Metrology Packing
commodities and Act.
How can you prevent Legal Metrology Disputes?
Legal Metrology disputes may arise for various reasons, but it is better and
preferable if you do not conduct any kind of thing which contradicts the Legal
Metrology Rules. In the other case, if any manufacturer, packer, seller, or
importer unintentionally or unknowingly has committed something which
contradicts the act or committed the offense under the act, then such person
shall contact the legal metrology expert or the legal metrology advocate
- Every manufacturer, packer, importer, or seller should make sure that
they are complying with the rules and regulations of the act.
- A proper declaration on the package of the commodity or on the prepared
commodity should be made by the manufacturer.
- The MRP should be properly in clear form and must be mentioned on the
package of the commodity inclusive of all the taxes.
- There should be a proper and full address of the manufacturer or
importer of the commodity on the package.
- Manufacturers should keep in mind that they should mention the country
of origin of the commodity.
- Contact information such as an email address and telephone number should
be given on the package of the commodity
- The manufacturer of the commodity must have the manufacturing license
and certificate to manufacture such a prepacked commodity.
- The importer of the commodity must obtain the importer's certificate
prior to importing any prepackaged commodity into the Indian territory.
- If any problem is faced by the importer while importing any prepackaged
commodity, he should immediately contact the legal metrology expert and work
out a way to get out of that situation.
- Every manufacturer, seller, dealer, packer, or importer must comply with
the rules and regulations of legal metrology and ensure that they should
have the proper registration and license to manufacture or import such a
- It will be preferable for every manufacturer and importer to consult
with a legal metrology expert prior to starting their business of
manufacturing and importing the pre-packed commodity in the Indian market.
By doing this, the manufacturer and importer will be much more aware of the
compliance of the act and rules and they will not make any mistakes while
importing, selling or manufacturing the commodity.
- Legal metrology rules should be properly adhered to by the seller,
manufacturer, and importer of the commodity. This will keep the manufacturer
and important, seller away from any kind of difficulties in the Indian
market with respect to the packed commodities.