File Copyright Online - File mutual Divorce in Delhi - Online Legal Advice - Lawyers in India

What If Someone Files A Fake Cheque Case Against You?

Have you been in a situation where you issued a cheque, however, later paid the cheque amount in cash to the beneficiary but, the beneficiary failed to return the cheque or refuses to return the cheque. Shockingly, he deposits the cheque in the bank, receive a dishonored statement and files a case against you. Criminal Lawyers of Dubai consider it as a fake case registered against you.

Dishonored cheques are considered as a crime in UAE under Federal Law number 3 of 1987 on UAE Penal Code. Nevertheless, the accused can very well submit a defense stating that the amount of cheque has already been paid in cash, only if he has the proof of payment. Moreover, if he can prove that the beneficiary of the cheque failed to return the cheque or denied returning the cheque.

The similar approach was taken by Criminal Court of Cassation under case number 334 of the year 2002, wherein the court confirms that the beneficiary indeed filed a fake criminal case when he already received the amount of cheque in cash. The court of First Instance issued an imprisonment of two (2) months along with a fine of AED 5,000 (UAE Dirhams five thousand) and the case was rejected in the Appeal court and in Court of Cassation.

Pertinently, it is not important to focus on who filed the case but the critically examine what sort of fake statements were submitted before the public prosecutor or the court. The significant concern in such scenario and which works as a defense that the cheque was issued as a guarantee cheque and the issuer of the cheque has settled the amount by paying cash. Ergo, it is does not authorizes the beneficiary to submit a cheque case, wherein he has already received the amount of the cheque.

It further pivotal to prove before the court that the beneficiary of the cheque was aware of the fact that he has received the money and yet intentionally denied returning the cheque. In such circumstances, the court will not consider it as a cheque bounce case and will.

Lastly, if you have been cheated like this or someone has raised a fake cheque case against you, it is high time for you to appoint legal representative who can submit good defense or can advise you the legal procedure ahead and can safeguard you from any possible criminal liability.

Law Article in India

Ask A Lawyers

You May Like

Legal Question & Answers

Lawyers in India - Search By City

Copyright Filing
Online Copyright Registration


Increased Age For Girls Marriage


It is hoped that the Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2021, which intends to inc...

How To File For Mutual Divorce In Delhi


How To File For Mutual Divorce In Delhi Mutual Consent Divorce is the Simplest Way to Obtain a D...

Section 482 CrPc - Quashing Of FIR: Guid...


The Inherent power under Section 482 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (37th Chapter of t...

Facade of Social Media


One may very easily get absorbed in the lives of others as one scrolls through a Facebook news ...

Sexually Provocative Outfit Statement In...


Wednesday, Live Law reported that a Kerala court ruled that the Indian Penal Code Section 354, ...

UP Population Control Bill


Population control is a massive problem in our country therefore in view of this problem the Ut...

Lawyers Registration
Lawyers Membership - Get Clients Online

File caveat In Supreme Court Instantly